Community Engagement Coordinator, EA SPORTS Mobile
Location: Burnaby, BC
Date: May 10th, 2017
Associate Community Manager, EA SPORTS Mobile
The Associate Community Manager is a highly visible and crucial communications role that connect our global game teams and services with our player communities. This passionate gamer will be responsible for gauging the sentiment to help inform and optimize game development and interact directly with our community. A successful candidate or this role will be able to leverage game expertise to drive player relationships, engagement, and overall service retention of our EA SPORTS mobile portfolio of games.
The Associate Community Manager has the following primary responsibilities:
- Regularly deliver Community reports on channel metrics, fan feedback, game issues, or service risks.
- Makes strategic recommendations to the inform content and messaging creation for the Community Management team, and disseminates key beats in coordination with them directly to the community in forums.
- Partners with Customer Support to ensure accurate view of the player experience across disparate channels.
- Manage player engagement on forums and other digital channels.
- Works with community engagement team to identify influencers and high value players.
- Establish community moderation/conduct policies and help moderate the community
- Build close relationships between EA and top influencers on YouTube, Instagram, including elite fans and users while maintaining a positive community reputation.
- Utilize the game’s brand voice and maintain its accurate implementation and usage across community channels
- Plan and schedule community activities and influencer events, both in-game and out of game.
- Conduct surveys, research, and feedback from the community on issues significantly impacting the experience.
- Ensure all Electronic Arts standards, policies, and processes are observed and followed
- Work closely with Customer Support and Live Service teams on overall player experience.
- Manage the live service escalation processes for communications with all game stakeholders.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- 1-2 years working with customers/players in a community management or customer service role.
- Passion and considerable experience playing mobile games – EA SPORTS mobile games – a plus.
- Recognized as an authentic member of the gaming community, with first hand familiarity as a player
- Demonstrated writing proficiency – with an ability to stay objective in the face of challenging situations
- Proficiency with forum tools
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- An aggressive, self-motivated, detail-oriented team player and quality driven
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations
- Solid understanding of Live Service operations and Development.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry
- Diploma or degree in Video Games related field, Web, Journalism or communications – a bonus