Posted: Sept 1
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
Who You Are…
You are detail oriented and experienced Graphic Designer who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You have passion for design’s role in a delightful end to end customer journey. You love to keep up-to-date in current creative technologies and techniques, and have a solid appreciation for design and typography. You are a highly motivated self-starter who flourishes in an ever-evolving business.
You’ll be working with a super-diverse team of creatives, including writers, designers, animators, producers, and adorable dogs. You provide leadership for junior designers, while keeping the wheels turning by executing projects thoughtfully, faster than greased lightning, and so fresh and clean that it’d put OutKast to shame.
You’re Great At…
- Managing relationships with project stakeholders to ensure that expectations are consistently met
- Working with the wider Brand team (Content, Video, and Design) to maximize team efficiency while ensuring quality creative output
- Supporting other design team members through discussion and collaboration
- Communicating as necessary with leads or project manager to anticipate, resolve, and prevent errors design and workflow
- Recommending technical and procedural updates and changes as needed.
- Mentor and manage junior designers
- In collaboration with the content & video team, develops creative campaigns to elevate the Hootsuite brand, and marketing collateral to engage and attract Hootsuite customers throughout their journey
- Pitch creative concepts and solutions to stakeholders and team members
- Partner with the Brand Manager, Brand Specialist, Content Strategist, Video team, UX team and Art Director to ensure maximum productivity and creativity is met on the team
- Ability to look at the bigger picture and solve problems efficiently
- Check artwork for completeness and assure adherence to brand standards
- Produce consistent file results between the comp, layout and final artwork
- Efficiently implement design feedback and seek timely clarification when necessary
- Create effective design deliverables across a variety of different channels, including (but not limited to) web, online ads, print and social media
- Assist in the collection and distribution of assets for preparation of production artwork as necessary
- High proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite required (and Sketch preferred)
- 5-7 years working in consumer-facing design or agency work
- Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design
- Strong concept, design, leadership, and collaboration skills
- A solid understanding of advertising principles for both digital and print
- Ability to give and receive valuable and useful feedback and critiques, clearly defending and championing your ideas and work
- Experience managing and/or mentoring junior designers
- Basic understanding of CSS, HTML, and web technologies and/or comfort working with developers on these tasks
- Experience in a SaaS Marketing environment
- Experience with animation and motion graphics in Adobe AfterEffects
- Digital Illustration skills
- Photography skills
- SAAS category experience
- Charmingly ridiculous hobbies (sheep herding, competitive hopscotch, edible macrame)
Company: Hootsuite Vancouver Posted: Sept 1 Original post Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office
Location: Waterview, 1661 Granville St Cost: $100-$160 Time: 5:00pm-9:30pm Register Here BCAMA's annual Marketer of the Year Awards Gala has been celebrating outstanding marketing achievements for nearly five decades. It is one of the most anticipated and prestigious industry events within the Province.
Location: Microsoft Vancouver - 725 Granville Suite The Metropolitan Vancouver - 645 Howe Street Jan 31 - Feb 1/2018 Cost: $645.00 Register Here User Experience Professionals and Front-end Developers team up. At the Experience Code conference we’ll hear from industry leaders about designing and coding